We can all search a school, but how do you know what it’s REALLY like to attend? In Their Shoes looks at the ins and outs of some of the top universities in the country, from the people who know it best— the students. Read the full article here.
We asked current sophomore Pamela Shapiro: “What are the top 5 things you WON’T read in the brochure about Fairleigh Dickinson?”
1. The Mac and Cheese bites at Leafs and Grains is the best food on campus.
2. There are steps on campus known as the horse steps. You will hear on your tours about how the Vanderbilts (the Madison FDU campus is built on an old Vanderbilt estate, the mansion is still there and gorgeous) built the steps for their horses so they wouldn’t have to walk the hills. They are the most awkward steps on campus but also the quickest way from some of the dorms and student center to the academic buildings. They are evil but they’re one of the things you love to hate about FDU.
3. The freshmen dorms aren’t the best and for some reason girls can be more disgusting than boys. However, compared to other schools that I visited they are so much bigger and cleaner. It was so convenient to just show up at my friends’ doors without even having to go outside.
4. Greek life is bigger on campus than the school likes to tell which I don’t understand. Greek life at FDU is also a lot calmer than other schools. I was not hazed at all, and I know people will think that I’m just saying that but I’m not. I loved everything about joining Theta Phi Alpha, and my sisters are the most driven girls I know.
5. There is a fountain behind the mansion. Ask the students about it.